Tuesday, August 20, 2013

i believe #11- according to my own conscience

i believe # 11

i claim the privilege to worship, believe, think, speak, live, act according to the dictates of my own conscience and allow all men, the same privilege, let them worship, believe, think, speak, live, act how where or what they may.

too often we wait for others to give us the right to live as we believe is correct.   i wait no more.   i lay claim to these privileges.

i will worship God.   i will not hide it or be quiet or shy about it.  i will give Him credit for all things, rely on Him, trust in Him, follow Him.   most of all, i will love Him.   because i love Him, i will love others, every one.
i will believe in what i perceive to be true, to be good, to be of value.   i will believe in things that others may not understand.

i will think as i please.   i will learn as much as i can.   i will think about anything i want to think about and i will not limit myself because others think differently.

i will speak my mind.   i will speak up for my beliefs, values, rights.   i will not be silenced because it is unpopular or considered politically or socially incorrect.  i will not be silent just because other do not want to hear what i have to say.   i will not be silent just because others may disagree with me.   i am not afraid of others not agreeing with me.   i know that we do not all agree on everything.   i am fine with that.

i will live as i believe is correct.   i will live according the values, morals, beliefs, and codes i see as right for me and my family.   i will raise my children to the best of my ability and teach them what i believe to be right.   i will live in a way that reflects my beliefs.   i will always try to be a better person every day.

i will act as i believe is correct.   i will do those things that i think are the best for me, my family, my community, my country, and my world.   i will not act different to my beliefs just because other may not agree.   i will be silly, goofy, weird, fun, brave, helpful, stalwart, compassionate, empathetic, opinionated, quiet, loud, strong, meek, proud, humble.   i will act according to what i believe to be best.

i will not push my beliefs on others.   i am willing to discuss and share and exchange ideas.   i will not force anyone to live according to conscience.    i will vote according to what i believe is best for me and my country .   that may be seen as limiting others.   i expect others to vote according to their belief system as well.     that is each person's right.   i will accepting and tolerant of others beliefs.    even if i speak against what others see as good, i do not dislike the person.   i do not have to agree with what others believe.   others do not have to agree with me.   we can disagree and still be respectful of each other.   we can disagree and still love each other.   i do not have to argue my point.   i do not have to fight.   i do not have to defend my beliefs and will not make other defend theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment